Friday, October 30, 2015

First Night Out after Stopping

Tonight was my first time out after stopping drinking (Day 13). I met some work friends for dinner, which really turned out to be for lots of drinks and dinner. There were two of us who didn't drink, but everyone else drank a TON. Lots of margaritas and shots. I didn't drink at all, wasn't even tempted. It was something to see them all getting lit! Funny at first, but then it got boring as time went on.

I was a bit concerned about my friends' reaction to me not drinking, especially when the shots came out. They wanted everyone at the table to have one (except for my non-drinking friend because he's Mormon, and everyone knows he doesn't drink). I said "No thanks, I'm not drinking." These friends know me pretty well, so they know that I usually drink (although I would not have ever done shots because I hate them). I got raised eye brows and more questioning, so I told them that I've decided not to drink anymore. They did ask why, and I told them that I decided I've been drinking too much so decided to quit altogether. They smiled, said "good for you," and stopped pushing me. It was really quite easy, and I was grateful.

I have to admit, I'm ridiculously proud of myself!!

1 comment:

  1. You should be very proud! Good job, and a good company that is not pushy.

    ReplyDelete