Saturday, November 14, 2015

It's my birthday, and I'm celebrating by NOT drinking!

So today is my 47th birthday, and I'm going to celebrate and NOT drink alcohol. I'm on Day 27, and I think this might actually be the first birthday since I turned 21 that I haven't drunk alcohol. (That fact alone is kind of sad.)

I have to admit, the idea of a glass of wine with my dinner tonight sounds amazing, but I know I can't "just" drink a glass of wine with dinner. I'd have at least 3 and then end up stopping to buy a bottle on the way home. I'm not willing to mess things up at this point!

My husband took me out a couple nights ago to celebrate, and it was the first time I had EVER eaten in that particular restaurant without alcohol. I wanted a special drink, so I tried this drink called a Coconut Cooler. It was SO AMAZING! I've been missing out on amazing, non-alcoholic things for years without even realizing it!! It was so good, in fact, that I bought the ingredients and am going to try to re-create it here at home.

So tonight for my birthday, I'm going to celebrate by spending time with my children and ordering a nice, big, fat juicy steak!

It feels GREAT to be sober!!

No comments:

Post a Comment